Collier County 4-H Association started in January 2012. The
University of Florida requested that all counties in Florida create
an association. Based on the guidelines set forth the
association was started.
Prior to the Collier County 4-H Association 4-H was provided support by the Collier County 4-H Foundation. The Collier County 4-H Foundation was formed in 1978. In 2012 Florida 4-H mandated that each county in Florida have an Association. This would provide consistency throughout the state and provide for structure to the counties.
- Awards and recognition, including trips to district and state competition, 4-H Legislature, 4-H Washington Focus, and 4-H Congress.
- College scholarships.
- A leader resource library of books, videos, educational films and slide sets.
- Provide training for adult volunteer leaders and teen leaders.
- Support exchange programs.
- Provide equipment for club use, e.g. sewing machines and incubators.
- Support the camping programs, including camp scholarships.
4-H encourages individual development of boys and girls ages five through graduation of high school. Parents and other volunteer adults organize and conduct learning experiences in community settings.
An investment in 4-H yields many benefits. 4-H encourages the development of useful and knowledgeable citizens by providing them with the opportunity to:
- Strengthen personal standards.
- Work effectively in groups.
- Gain confidence and poise.
- Develop leadership ability.
- Acquire practical knowledge and skills.
- Practice and enhance communication skills.
- Explore career opportunities.
- Learn and participate in democracy.
- Serve our community.
- Appreciate nature.
The success of 4-H through the years is a tribute to the hard work of many individuals, businesses, and civic groups helping to shape the lives of boys and girls of all backgrounds.
4-H reaches youngsters in all part of Collier County. 4-H is part of the nationwide informal educational system of the Extension Service. In Florida the Extension Service is a part of the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida, cooperating locally with Boards of County Commissioners and the USDA.
Extension agents, who are University of Florida faculty, help 4-H'ers with projects in many subject matter areas. To serve our youth, 4-H partners with schools and other agencies in Collier County.
my HEAD to clearer thinking
my HEART to greater loyalty
my HANDS to larger service
my HEALTH to better living
for my club, my community,
my country and my world.
The 4-H Slogan
The 4-H Motto
"To make the best better."
Make and investment in the youth of Collier County!
Write your check payable to: Collier County 4-H Club Foundation, Inc.
Mail to: Collier County 4-H Foundation
P.O. Box 7581
Naples, FL 34101
Para la traduccíon al español, escoja la bandera española arriba.
El servicio tradutor utilizado aqui puede hacerle publicidad a una variedad de bienes o servicios. La Universidad de Florida y el Servicio de Extension de IFAS no tiene ningún control sobre aquel publicidad, ni aproba los bienes o servicios así ofrecidos.