There are several excellent online resources for marine and environmental educators that contain information and lesson plans on a wide variety of marine and coastal-related topics. I’ve chosen several of my favorite sites for you to use. If you still cannot find what you are looking for, please contact me at email@example.com or (239) 353-4244
- The Bridge: A website sponsored by the National Marine Educators Association (NMEA). It has excellent resources/ lesson plans on several topics for marine educators. http://www.vims.edu/nmea/
- NOAA Ocean Explorers: This site contains a wealth of knowledge. It includes a ton of lessons on a variety of topics as well as videos and images. Great Site! http://www.oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/
- Marine Careers: Great for students interested in pursuing careers in marine science-related field. http://marinecareers.net/
- Southeast U.S. Atlantic Coastal Ocean Observing System (SEACOOS): Great source for real time data as well as marine lesson plans. http://www.seacoos.org/
- Center for Ocean Science Education Excellence (COSEE): Contains information on marine science careers, workshop opportunities, ocean literacy, and lesson plans. http://www.cosee.net/
- Estuaries Education A NOAA sponsored site that contains information on estuaries as well as resources/activities for teachers. http://estuaries.noaa.gov/
- Sea World Just for Teachers: Contains lesson plans, resources, information on workshops.
- “On Again and Off Again”: A website sponsored by Louisiana Sea Grant that addresses hypoxia and the
“Dead Zone” in the Gulf of Mexico; Includes background information, presentations and lesson plans.
- Florida Museum of Natural History (FMNH) Ichthyology
Education homepage: Great information about sharks and fish biology/ ecology.
- FMNH International Shark Attack File: Information about shark attack statistics.
- FMNH South Florida Aquatic Environments:
Information on the different aquatic ecosystems in South Florida.
- St. John's Sea Grant Extension - Educator Resources: A variety of great presentations and activities put together by Dr. Maia McGuire, Florida Sea Grant Extension Agent. http://stjohns.ifas.ufl.edu/sea/education.html
- National Marine Educators Association (NMEA): Network with formal and informal marine educators across the country. Their annual conferences are amazing! http://www.marine-ed.org/
- Florida Marine Science Educators Association (FMSEA): A great source to network with other marine educators in Florida. http://www.fmsea.org/
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA): A great organization to help new and seasoned educators with curriculum materials, teaching questions, and current issues in the science education field: http://www.nsta.org/
- North America Association of Environmental Educators (NAAEE): As with the other organizations listed above, NAAEE is a great means to network with other educators in the field of environmental education. http://www.naaee.org/
Para la traduccíon al español, escoja la bandera española arriba.
El servicio tradutor utilizado aqui puede hacerle publicidad a una variedad de bienes o servicios. La Universidad de Florida y el Servicio de Extension de IFAS no tiene ningún control sobre aquel publicidad, ni aproba los bienes o servicios así ofrecidos.